Saturday, February 14, 2015

#oyster-snob

  I was talking to one of our customers the other day, giving her the low-down on the oysters that we have. I must have been going off on a tangent about good oysters vs bad oysters because suddenly I was shot with - " You're an oyster snob!" Woah... wait just a minute.
     At first, I'm thinking, what the heck do you mean I'm an oyster snob? Maybe I'm  too consumed with the oyster world and I need to get a life? As I pondered it the rest of the evening, I came to the conclusion that yes indeed, I am an oyster snob.
  So what is an oyster snob?
If you are constantly on a quest to find the perfect yin shaped oyster, 
you may be an oyster snob. 
If you won't eat an oyster from anywhere south of Connecticut,
you may be an oyster snob.  
If you hear the word Blue Point and hang up the phone,
you may be an oyster snob.   
If you will eat, but not really want to, an oyster from Canada
you may be an oyster snob.  
If you actually knew what I meant by yin shaped oyster,
you may be an oyster snob.  
If you claim Glidden Points to be the mother of all oysters,
you may be an oyster snob.  
If you roll your eyes watching someone grimace after slurping an oyster down,
 you may be an oyster snob.  

Ok...I think you get the drift.  I'll proudly wear the badge of oyster snob. Once you have worn the badge for a while, you may gain access to an even more exclusive club....

   

1 comment:

  1. Your the man Tom. Life is to short to eat crap oysters. No blue points ever!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete